Echo newspaper flong
Scope and Contents
This collection contains a flong for The Echo newspaper and was printed on July 30, 1890 in London, England.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Archives and Special Collections, Ball State University Libraries, Muncie, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Archives and Special Collections.
The Echo was founded in 1868 in London by English publishing house Cassell, Petter, & Galpin. It was the first halfpenny newspaper and published daily except on Sunday. The Saturday editions of the newspaper were usually titled The Cricket Echo or The Football Echo. Arthur Arnold, the first editor, sold the newspaper to Albert Grant in 1875. Grant served as the editor for less than twelve months, eventually selling the paper to John Passmore Edwards in 1876. After twenty years as editor, Edwards sold the newspaper to a syndicate created for the purpose of purchasing The Echo. After Edwards's departure, the newspaper struggled financially and eventually ceased production in August of 1905.
0.01 Cubic Feet (1 Folder)
Language of Materials
No further additions are expected.
EAD finding aid created 2015/05/19 by Lindsey M. Vesperry.
- Echo newspaper flong
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Special Collections Repository
Alexander M. Bracken Library
2000 W. University Avenue
Muncie Indiana 47306 USA