Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of written works pertaining to landscape and community development research written between 1982 and 2001. Work pertains primarily to land use in Muncie, Indiana.
Scope and Contents This collection contains office files of David R. Hermansen concerning Hermansen’s career as an architectural educator and advocate of historic preservation, covering the period ca. 1957-1990. It fills four record storage boxes, five document cases, and two other small boxes (7.2 cubic feet). Although Hermansen was widely known for his work promoting the preservation of Indiana county courthouses, his courthouse research is not included in this collection. Lecture notes for history...
Dates: 1957 - 1992
Scope and Contents The collection consists of architectural drawings for 50 projects by Gladys J. Miller of Terre Haute, Indiana, executed between ca. 1950 and 1979. Most of the projects are residential in nature, located in and near Terre Haute. Among these are houses for Mr. and Mrs. W.N. Cox (1959) and Margaret Jane Adamson (1961), the conversion of a barn into a residence for Mr. and Mrs. Robert F. Prox, Jr. (1978), and a remodeling of the Indiana State University president’s house (1965). Other projects...
Dates: 1950 - 1979
Scope and Contents Collection contains architectural and business records from the architectural office in Vincennes, Indiana, begun by John B. Bayard and continued by Rudolph W. Schucker and Jay C. Bixby, ca. 1910-1965. Included are architectural working drawings by the firm for 15 projects in southwestern Indiana (in Knox, Davies, Sullivan, Spencer, and Greene Counties). At least 17 additional projects are represented by specifications, photographs, newspaper clippings, contracts, and bills for architectural...
Dates: 1910 - 1965
Scope and Contents This collection consists of drawings, prints, sketch material, and Christmas card drawings from the corpus of Juliet Peddle. The material covers the period 1928-1967.Some of the sketches were completed during tours of England and France; others depict subjects in the U.S., including houses, a church, and a Civil War soldier’s memorial. The collection also contains two sets of architectural drawings for private residences; mechanical drawings of the Commercial Solvent Corporation;...
Dates: 1928 - 1967
Scope and Contents This collection consists of approximately 280 projects that are primarily hospitals, schools, commercial buildings, and parking garages. There are a couple of residential projects. The majority of the projects are from the 1970s and 1980s, though there is a significant number of projects from the 1950s and 1960s. In addition to 44 rolls of architecture drawings, some survey equipment was also donated.
Dates: Majority of material found in c. 1950s-1990s; 1884; 1926
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two projects designed by RATIO Architects (The Associate Group Headquarters and Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard). Two additional projects comprise this collection and were designed by other firms. One project is for the Indiana State Normal School Library (1907) by J.F. Alexander & Son, and the other is for the Circle Center Mall project by Ehrenkratz & Eckstut Architects and Melvin Simon & Associates. Projects designed by RATIO are located in...
Dates: 1990-1995; 1907
Scope and Contents This collection consist of approximately 500 documents and reports that support the comprehensive survey work that was completed in Richmond, Indiana.
Dates: Majority of material found in ca. 1970s–1990s; ca. 1920s
Scope and Contents This project consists of approximately 90 projects for golf courses in the United States, many of which have achieved national and international recognition.
Scope and Contents The collection contains site and topographical maps of the William Conner farm, which are not dated but likely date from 1934 when Eli Lilly purchased the farm and began extensive restoration work. The majority of the collection contains elevation and floor plans for buildings that Lilly had constructed for the site. All were drawn by the firm of Robert Frost Daggett, Architect, in 1934. These drawings are pencil on tracing paper. Buildings represented in the collection are a cottage; changes...
Dates: ca. 1934